I well an truly had to scratch my head, Stan style this afternoon. I’m pretty new to blogging. This site was formed as a bit of an experiment in connection with other sites I have (Etsy/Facebook/Flickr) etc but friends, without blogs are reading and I’m receiving the most delightful emails. I was forwarded information regarding the Leibster blog award from the delightful Helen (http://helensarahvaughan.blogspot.co.uk) and accordingly here are my 11 random facts:
I always turn to page 44 of a book I’m about to buy and read it. This is a relative thing but if a novel is of a generic size the plot has started by then.
If you add together the letters (quals) after my name, it sounds like a fart in a bath.
I really dislike walnuts (it’s the squeak business) but adore all other nuts.
I brew Earl Grey tea far too long until it’s the colour of black coffee.
I really like the Terry Thomas gap between my front 2 teeth and sometimes I wish it was wider.
I have far too many Nightmares
Tomatoes are divinity in my book
I always forget about toast, I get distracted so now I’ve become accustomed to eating cold toast and prefer it.
If I squint my chap looks like Humphrey Boggart
I dislike tartan but love tweed
It’s my year’s ambition to learn a ‘Charleston’ routine in full, it reminds me of my Nanna.
The answers to Helen’s posed questions are:
- Have you tasted snow? Yes, the recent snow didn’t taste of anything much. The snow in Venice tastes extremely salty.
- What was the last thing you ate that you had cooked? “Fishfinger pie” A University staple that I cook for my fella and I occasionally, it’s pure nursery food and an exercise in food strata. A week before I went to University as an undergraduate, my Mum cut out a recipe from the newspaper written by the actress Frances Barber-that is the pie.
- Would you rather work on a farm or in a factory? A factory -but in the 1940s. A favourite artist of mine is Ethel Gabain, and I would have loved to have met a few of her portrait women and listened to their conversations.
- What memory do you have about one of your teeth falling out? I remember laying the table in my doll’s house out in full for the tooth fairies to have a meal when they came to collect my tooth. Each plate had a rather colourful ‘dolly mixture’ and the teacups were filled with cordial. In the morning I found little teeth marks in the half eaten dolly mixtures.
- What couldn't you live without? Multiple contact/conversations with my chap and my parents through-out the day- all three are the most delightful company and have the quickest wits.
- Three songs you like? All of me: Billie Holiday, Allez Viens: Bart and Baker and You are my sunshine: Johnny Cash
- Film you think everyone should watch? Brief Encounter
- Food staple? Sushi:
- Favourite smoothie combination? I’m a green smoothie girl, so anything with apples/spinach/kale/lime.
- trousers or dresses? This is a hard question to answer because my staple look is a dress over jeans.
- flowers or plants? Fruit plants. I love the look of fruit more than flowers.
I will use the weekend to come up with some questions for you…… x